Finding yourself in the midst of a divorce can be heartbreaking, emotionally draining, and something you never thought you'd do. However, with the statistics where they stand, divorce is commonplace, but you don't have to go it alone. Self Legal Group serves Oklahoma City with the best divorce and family law services. To learn more about divorce in Oklahoma and to see if we're the divorce and family law firm for you, get in touch with us today.
OUR DIVORCE AND FAMILY LAW SERVICES
- Child custody and visitation
- Child support
- Contempt/enforcement of judgments
- Modifications of custody
- Visitation rights
- Prenuptial or antenuptial agreements
- Property division
- Uncontested agreed divorce
- And more
Divorce is the legal dissolution of a marriage. Now, if only the divorce process was that cut and dry. Divorce is a legal process that can be tedious due to the separation of what once was one life essentially into two. With emotions high, divorce is trying and can be drawn out, depending on the parties involved. Divorces are governed by the states, and here in Oklahoma, there is a no-fault and fault-based divorce. To get the nitty-gritty details, it's always best to speak to a top-rated divorce attorney in Oklahoma. Call today.
TYPES OF DIVORCE IN OKLAHOMA
In Oklahoma, divorces are granted either by default, agreement, or trial.
- Default divorce. When one party does not respond to a filing of divorce after 21 days have passed.
- Divorce by agreement. Divorce by agreement is the most common type of divorce in Oklahoma. It is granted after all issues in a divorce have been agreed upon by the two parties.
- Uncontested divorce. This type of divorce occurs when there are no conflicts to settle in court.
- Trial divorce. This type of divorce occurs when parties cannot agree in a divorce, and therefore a judge must intercede.
- Contested divorce. A contested divorce is a trial divorce.
CHILD CUSTODY AND SUPPORT ISSUES
Child custody involves both physical and legal custody of children in a divorce. For the most part, Oklahoma favors joint custody where parents share both responsibilities of raising their child. Here, the child will live with both parents during specified times. Sole custody is when one parent receives the physical and legal custody of a child. Child support can still apply, no matter who has custody of the child. The court takes into account the parties' income and expenses. Contact our divorce lawyer in Oklahoma City to learn more.
SETTING YOU UP FOR FUTURE SUCCESS
The divorce lawyers at Self Law Group work for your best interests in the event of a divorce, as well as for the children. Our mission is to help you get through this tough time in your life. We approach each divorce case with skill and compassion, knowing that you have a lot on your shoulders. Let us handle the legal process for you, helping to set you up for success, while you focus on your family. Call for a consultation today.
CHOOSE SELF LEGAL GROUP TODAY
With over 25 years of experience helping families in Oklahoma City with their divorce and family law affairs, Self Legal Group has seen it all. We advocate and fight for your best interests in order to obtain the most favorable outcome. We work with you to discover your goals and wants, and then we work to achieve them. Call for a consultation today.