Quality Legal Services for Businesses in Oklahoma City & Beyond
If your business requires comprehensive, results-oriented representation, look no further than the Self Legal Group. We help companies of all sizes navigate conflicts and solve complex legal problems. Our Oklahoma City business lawyers have over 150 years of collective courtroom experience and have what it takes to deliver outstanding results, no matter the size of your business or your exact needs.
Whether you are an entrepreneur looking to create your first company or a seasoned business owner facing a difficult dispute, we can offer the sophisticated legal services you need to succeed. Our team handles everything from business formation to high-stakes business litigation. We understand how to approach cases involving multiple areas of the law, including estate planning, personal injury law, and family law. If you are worried about how your business holdings may be impacted by a conflict in one of these areas, we can help you.
Get your business the legal advocate it deserves. Call (405) 451-3534 or contact us online to schedule an Initial Phone Consultation.
Our Business Legal Services in Oklahoma
Business law is a term used to describe the various laws, regulations, and principles that affect businesses and their activities. It encompasses a complete range of business-related matters, such as the initial formation of a company, contract disputes and breaches of contract, employee agreements, intellectual property, and so much more. The ways that local ordinances, federal regulations, and state laws may affect a business will vary depending on a number of factors. These include the number of employees, the industry, and the type of business operations, to name a few. Because business law is such a diverse field, it takes a certain type of attorney to provide effective legal counsel. It takes experience and an unwavering commitment to deliver as promised.
Our team of OKC legal professionals at the Self Legal Group offers a wide range of services to businesses across numerous industries. Your success is our success, and we are determined to help you achieve your unique objectives. After evaluating your circumstances and goals, we will walk you through your legal options and recommend the most advantageous path forward. If your case requires going to court, we are prepared to aggressively litigate and will do everything we can to protect and advance your interests.
Our Oklahoma City business law attorneys can assist you with matters involving:
- Breaches of Contract
- Medical Marijuana
- Regulatory Compliance
- Insurance Law
- Employment Law (for Employers)
- Personal Injury Liability (including Premises Liability)
- Estate Planning (for Business Owners)
- Family Law (for Business Owners Going through a Divorce)
The Experienced Business Law Counsel You Deserve
Managing a business is difficult enough without having to deal with legal issues that, if mishandled, could jeopardize everything you've worked so hard to build. Our Oklahoma City business law attorneys can help with every phase of a business, protecting your interests and allowing you to focus on the bigger picture.
The four primary stages of business law involve:
- Starting a Business. This is the first step and involves bringing your idea to life. From a legal standpoint, starting a business involves a number of complex steps that must be completed properly to protect your interests and future. You must lay the groundwork for your business by creating contracts, articles of incorporation, by-laws, and other documents that establish how your company will operate, what taxes will be paid, how disputes will be resolved, how capital will be raised, and more. A strong foundation here can make all the difference later.
- Buying a Business. For individuals and corporations that are interested in purchasing an existing business, there are many legal issues to consider. This includes performing due diligence regarding the business in question, making an offer, and undergoing negotiations as needed to reach an agreement. Finalizing this type of purchase is one of the most labor-intensive aspects of business law.
- Managing a Business. From daily operations to tax-related matters to employee management, running a business requires full compliance with applicable standards and regulations as well as legally sound contracts that protect the company’s interests. A business law attorney can help with all of these matters, from drafting shareholder agreements to litigating a breach of contract in court.
- Closing a Business. Closing any type of business can be a complicated undertaking. State authorities and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) must be notified. Business partners, shareholders, vendors, employees, and customers must all be informed and dealt with to ensure there are no lasting obligations or problems related to customer agreements or contract disputes – which can still arise after a business has closed down. Closing a business the right way means you can walk away without worrying about future liability.
In these and all areas of business law in Oklahoma City, you can rely on our team at Self Legal Group to deliver skilled and insightful counsel.
- 150+ Years of Combined Experience
- Located in SW Oklahoma City
- Knowledgeable Attorneys in Varied Fields
“Our experience with Self Legal Group could not have been better.”- Bill G.
“Debbie Self is absolutely one of the best attorneys in the metro area. I highly recommend this firm for any of your legal needs.”- Nicki H.
“Excellent all-around great advice from a legal perspective.”- Quinton A.
“I cannot say enough positive things about my experience with Debbie Self. She is an outstanding Lawyer, and very professional.”- Kim R.