Representing Personal Injury Victims in Oklahoma City and the Surrounding Areas
If you were injured due to someone else’s negligence, our team at the Self Legal Group can fight to recover the compensation you deserve. Our Oklahoma City personal injury lawyers frequently handle claims involving automobile accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, slip and falls, and more. When you meet with us, we will determine whether you have a claim, help you understand your legal options, and review the types of damages you may be able to recover all at no cost to you.
With over 150 years of collective courtroom experience, our OKC attorneys know how to approach these cases and have what it takes to win. We are skilled litigators who use our diverse array of skills to deliver exceptional results. Your recovery is important to us, and we always pursue the best possible outcome.
You have limited time to take legal action, so do not wait to discuss your case with us. Contact us online or call (405) 451-3534 to schedule a Free Initial Phone Consultation.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
When you suffer losses in an accident that was not your fault, you typically have the right to sue the negligent party (either a person or organization). If the lawsuit is successful, you will be able to recover damages. The standards for winning a personal injury lawsuit will depend on the type of accident.
Our Oklahoma City personal injury attorneys can assist you with many types of claims, including those involving:
- Automobile Accidents. Many vehicular collisions are the result of negligent driving. Excessive speeding, failing to signal, or any other failure to follow traffic rules can make a driver liable for your injuries.
- Truck Accidents. Truck drivers have many rules and regulations that they must follow in operating a truck. Mandatory sleep, maintenance and others are sometimes violated and that violation leads to you being injured. These violations impose liability on the driver for your injuries and property damage.
- Motorcycle Accidents. Motorcycles are small and often get overlooked by other drivers. This can lead to severe injuries for the motorcyclist. Failing to properly scan for motorcycles can lead to liability for the driver who fails to see the motorcycle.
- Slip and Falls. If you fall and get hurt because of a dangerous condition or hazard, the property owner may be liable for your injuries. Property owners have a legal responsibility to maintain “safe premises,” so you may have a case if you slipped on a surface that was not cleaned up or because of uneven flooring that was not repaired.
How Personal Injury Claims Work in Oklahoma
Oklahoma enforces strict deadlines for personal injury claims. You only have two years from the date of an accident to file a lawsuit, so you will need to act quickly. If an accident results in death, you will have two years from the date of the victim’s passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit. You will in most cases not be able to recover any compensation if you do not file in time.
Many personal injury claims are settled and never go to court. Our team at the Self Legal Group is made up of skilled negotiators who will aggressively pursue the full value of your claim. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we are prepared to take your case to trial.
Oklahoma is a comparative negligence state, meaning you can still recover some compensation even if you were partially responsible for the accident. The court will determine your level of responsibility and assign you a percentage of fault. As long as you are less than 50% at fault, you can recover damages. However, your compensation will be reduced by your level of fault. For example, a $50,000 award would be reduced to $40,000 if the court decided you were 20% responsible for the accident.
Our Oklahoma City personal injury lawyers will fight to recover compensation for all losses, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reductions in earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Punitive damages
Let us handle your personal injury claim so you can focus on getting better. Call (405) 451-3534 or contact us online today.
- 150+ Years of Combined Experience
- Free Initial Phone Consultations
- Offices in Edmond & SW Oklahoma City
- Knowledgeable Attorneys in Varied Fields
“Our experience with Self Legal Group could not have been better.”- Bill G.
“Debbie Self is absolutely one of the best attorneys in the metro area. I highly recommend this firm for any of your legal needs.”- Nicki H.
“Excellent all-around great advice from a legal perspective.”- Quinton A.
“I cannot say enough positive things about my experience with Debbie Self. She is an outstanding Lawyer, and very professional.”- Kim R.